The Bill and Apprehensions:
- Altruism ignores the physical and emotional labour of the surrogate mother and does not take into consideration post-partum issues, whether mental or physical.
- The current Bill bans live-in couples, homosexual, trans people, and singles from opting for surrogacy. This makes the current law discriminatory towards a group of citizens, making it a gross violation of Article 14 of the Constitution (Right to Equality).
- The provisions of the current Bill, legalises altruistic surrogacy, citing chances of lesser exploitation. However, the exploitation of women (for commercial or non- commercial reasons) can happen within altruistic practices of surrogacy as well.
- Permitting women to provide reproductive labour for free to another person but preventing them from being paid for it is unfair and arbitrary.
- The Bill also closes all avenues of imparting opportunities for international surrogacy. Foreigners and non- resident Indians (NRIs) are excluded.
We at IVF Spring Fertility Centre always strictly adhere to the Indian surrogacy laws that are currently prevalent. So if you are searching for the best fertility clinic, you can trust us! Our success rate is high and we are the best surrogacy clinic in Mumbai, India. At IVF Spring Centre, our experienced doctors and team take special care of both the couple and the surrogate host throughout the journey starting from conception to the end of a successful pregnancy. Connect with us for more information and start your journey.