IVF SPRING > DONOR TREATMENTS > BECOMING AN EGG DONOR
Becoming an Egg Donor
Give the Gift of Life
Many women are struggling with infertility problems because of irregular ovulation or conditions such as PCOS, endometriosis etc. When you sign up for egg donor program, you are doing a noble deed to let another woman start a family. Her only chance of success might lie with your egg donation.
Need for Donor Eggs
At birth, all women have a finite supply of 2 million eggs. This number declines with age. Previously, the only women who were opting for egg donation were women who had experienced menopause or premature ovarian failure. Menopause can occur as a result of genetic reasons such as surgery and sometimes, unknown reasons.
Now, the women who are requesting egg donation are mainly in their late 30’s/40’s. These women might have had several rounds of unsuccessful IVF. Other common reasons to choose egg donor in India apart from unsuccessful IVF are problems with ovulation and egg production.
Therefore, for women whose bodies are unable to produce healthy eggs or no eggs so as to achieve fertilization will have to resort to IVF donor treatment for carrying a baby in her belly.
Benefits of Becoming an Egg Donor with IVF Spring Fertility are:
Egg Donor Criteria to Consider:
Women who are still young and are willing to become a part of this altruistic need can become an egg donor. The ideal age for donors is between 21-38 years of age who have completed their own family and want to help other women complete theirs. Before a woman becomes a donor, a genetic, social and medical history (including blood tests) is done before acceptance. Some of the significant screening tests that need to be undertaken before becoming an egg donor include blood group, Hep B, Hep C, cystic fibrosis, syphilis, chlamydia, chromosome analysis and HIV status.
Anyone who is considering becoming an egg donor should be prepared to discuss and provide the following information:
The success rate of IVF donor treatment is directly influenced by the age of the donor, number, and quality of the donated eggs. Please duly note that any legal considerations will be discussed with you to let you know all the implications of the egg donation process.
Egg Donation Process:
- After an initial consultation with a specialist, counseling is done for both the egg donor and the egg recipient. This would help them make a more informed decision as they would know the legal, moral, social as well as genetic implications of the process. You will also be made familiar with the medical health check-up and the egg donation process.
- A medical checkup is done for the egg donor before she undergoes an ‘IVF’ cycle that will help in facilitating the collection of her eggs. The donor is given medication so as to stimulate her ovaries for optimum collection of eggs. After the stimulation, blood tests monitor the donor so that we know the perfect time to collect the eggs (prior to the ovulation).
- In the meantime, the egg recipient is given oestrogen and progesterone to help thicken her endometrial lining for implantation.
- The egg collection is done with a surgery. A light general anesthetic is given to ensure that the woman is comfortable. The recipient’s partner also provides semen during the time of egg collection. Once the egg collection is done, they are fertilized and stored before getting transferred to the recipient.
- The embryos are grown for 3 – 5 days before around one or two of those embryos are transferred to the recipient’s uterus. All the remaining embryos are frozen so as to use for any potential future attempts. Any other viable embryos are frozen for potential future attempts. After 2 weeks, a pregnancy blood test is done to measure the amount of HCG in the woman’s blood.
Why Become an Egg Donor with IVF Spring?
Our egg donor program is based on the motto of helping a family build a family. An egg donor has the greatest gift of all, which they can easily pass on to those in need. We, at IVF Spring, make sure that you understand the medical process along with the emotional implications through our extensive counselling, one of the reasons why we are considered as one of the best egg donation clinics in India. We provide an ethical and supportive donor program to ensure the wellness of both the donor and the recipient. Our donor program follows the ethical guidelines and Indian as well as international protocols to assist people needing donor egg or embryos.
So if you fit the criteria and wish to donate, we would love to hear from you.