Pregnancy period is the wonderful time in a woman’s life. This time is full of happiness as well as anxiety. Many things may revolve in your mind and you just really cannot wait to take your own child in your arms. While being happy, you should also be very cautious as it requires great care and diligence. Unfortunately, not all the pregnancies are a successful one. The number of women failing in pregnancies is very high. Miscarriages and ectopic pregnancy are the two main cause of a pregnancy failure.
When an egg is released by the ovary into the fallopian tube and then contacted with the sperm, fertilization takes place and pregnancy happens. But when the fertilized egg does not attach itself to the uterus and stays in the fallopian tubes or anywhere else in the abdomen area, that situation is known as an ectopic pregnancy. Studies have been proved that every 1 out of 50 pregnancies is an ectopic one. However, there are chances of reduction in complications and healthy pregnancies if dealt with prompt treatment.
Why does Ectopic Pregnancy Occur?
Sometimes you may not even immediately come to know that you are dealing with an ectopic pregnancy. Let’s have a look at the various reasons behind the occurrence of ectopic pregnancy:
- If someone has already gone through an ectopic pregnancy before.
- Blockage of the fallopian tube due to the occurrence of any kind of inflammation or infection.
- Formation of scar tissue on fallopian tubes.
- Any kind of surgical procedure performed in the fallopian tubes such as sterilisation.
- Hormonal factors and chromosomal abnormalities
- Some kinds of contraceptive pills that alter the movement of the eggs.
- Increased age of women.
- If someone is has gone through abdominal surgery such as an appendectomy.
- Suffering from sexually transmitted diseases.
- Smoking cigarette.
Aforementioned are some of the major causes that lead to an ectopic pregnancy. But it is also important to know the kind of symptoms you may feel if you are undergoing an ectopic pregnancy.
The Indicating Factors of an Ectopic Pregnancy
If an ectopic pregnancy occurs in your body you might feel dizzy or weak along with light bleeding in your vagina. Sharp pain in your pelvis area, neck, and shoulder may also occur. If you have a continuous vomit sensation or nausea then also it may be possible that you are undergoing an ectopic pregnancy.
What Treatments should you seek for curing an ectopic pregnancy?
Since the fertilised egg cannot survive outside the uterus, the tissue that has to be removed to keep you away from having serious complications. There are basically two methods to treat an ectopic pregnancy:
- Medications: Methotrexate is usually given to stop the ectopic pregnancy to occur. This medicine will stop the growth of the cells and will let your body to absorb them. If the ectopic pregnancies are caught early then it may be treated easily by Methotrexate.
- Laparoscopy:Laparoscopy is performed at IVF Spring Fertility Centre to cure an ectopic pregnancy.It is a surgical procedure by which an incision is made in the uterus by inserting a fibre-optic instrument that will allow removing the damaged fallopian tube.
At IVF Spring Fertility Centre, the process of laparoscopy is performed by experienced infertility specialists along with the use of advanced technologies and equipment. If you are also undergoing an ectopic pregnancy or dealing with any other fertility problems then a visit to IVF Spring Fertility centre is a must. We not only provide you with the treatment but also medical counselling of the patients is done by our experts. Book your appointment now.