Fertility Tourism in India: IVF in India has seen a great boost in the past years. With everyone, right from celebrities to the couple next door choosing to battle infertility and achieve their dream, IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) has helped create miracles when there was no scope for any. However, with this advancement also come multiple innovations and success-oriented stories, which leave many infertile couples opting for surrogacy, confused about what exactly it entails. Here is everything you need to know about Fertility Tourism in India before you make a decision.
‘Knowing what you need pushes you towards the right decision’
Fertility Tourism in India
With many aspects covering the Fertility Tourism in India. It can be hard to gauge exactly what your IVF treatment journey is going to look like. Depending on the severity of infertility, as well as other factors such as lifestyle and genetics, the number of cycles may vary. Here are the 5 general steps of Fertility Tourism in India.
- Regulation of hormones: The first step of IVF treatments is to regulate your hormones, and therefore, regularize ovulation. Incidentally, birth control also helps reduce the risk of OHSS (Ovarian Hyper-Stimulation Syndrome) and increases the response of the ovaries for a successful treatment.
- Stimulation of ovaries: During IVF, multiple eggs must be retrieved from the ovaries. However, the ovaries only naturally release one egg per month. To make the ovaries release multiple eggs, they must be stimulated through IVF medication.
- Retrieving the eggs: Through a minimally invasive procedure which takes only about 10-15 minutes, the doctor retrieves the eggs released by the ovaries. The number of eggs retrieved depends on factors such as age etc.
- Fertilization in the lab: The retrieved eggs are fertilized in the lab, either by the partner’s sperm or donated sperm. It will take about 3 days for the fertilized eggs to turn into embryos.
- Embryo Transfer: Finally, a Certain number of embryos are transferred to the mother’s womb through a non- invasive procedure.
Advantages of IVF in India
- Works as a saving grace for couples who are unable to conceive naturally.
- IVF in India has helped break the taboo surrounding infertility in India.
- The best IVF clinics in India have seen excellent success rates with the treatment.
- Assisted procedures such as ICSI (Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection), Assisted Hatching, and even Genetic Testing is legal in India.
- IVF in India is affordable, as compared to other countries, suiting various couples on a budget.