As medical tourism has been gaining popularity across the world, many forms of medical tourism have been cropping up, such as fertility tourism and surrogacy tourism. Surrogacy tourism in particular, is an interesting topic, considering the varying laws on surrogacy around the world. Surrogacy Tourism involves destinations where surrogacy is legal. Couples travel to these destinations to choose a surrogate to carry their baby. This is done through certain clinics or agencies in the destination country.
What is surrogacy?
Surrogacy is the process of choosing a third person to carry the pregnancy to term, after which the child is legally the intended parents’ and not the surrogates. If the intended mother’s eggs are to be used, then an IVF (In Vitro Fertilization) procedure is done, where the intended mother’s eggs are fertilized with either the intended father’s or donor sperm, and then transferred to the surrogate mother. If the intended mother’s eggs are not used, then the surrogate undergoes an IUI (Intra-Uterine Insemination) or clinical procedure, where the intended father’s sperm is used to fertilize the surrogate mother’s egg.
Surrogacy Picking up in India
India is picking up as a preferred destination for surrogacy treatments, by couples from all over the world. Due to a variety of factors that range from affordable treatments to high quality of procedures, surrogacy in India is preferred by a host of couples worldwide.
Reasons why Surrogacy Treatment in India is in Demand
- Affordable Surrogacy Treatments: The surrogacy in India cost is affordable, as compared to other countries. Many countries have almost double or triple the rate, which gets incredibly expensive, especially for couples who are on a budget.
- Thorough Background Checks: Agencies and Clinics in India that conduct surrogacy do strict background checks on both, the intended parents, as well as the surrogate. Everything, right from medical to criminal background history is checked before any confirmation is made.
- Experienced Doctors: Many of the doctors in India are certified experts with years of experience, which ensures that they do their job well, and detect any concerns during the process.
- Easy to Find a Surrogate: Surrogates are easy to find in India, which implies an easier process. Due to this reason, India has become a hub for surrogacy.
- Favorable Laws: The surrogacy laws in India are not as strict in other countries such as US and Europe, which mean that couples who would not otherwise be able to become parents have a fair chance at fulfilling their dream of parenthood.
When choosing a country for surrogacy tourism, it is necessary to find a country which has preferable laws for your needs. Make sure to do your research on the country, as well as the agency you want to choose for the treatment. IVF Spring Fertility Centre, Mumbai, India, is one of the best surrogacy centres in India. Our specialists are certified experts, who can efficiently perform the treatment with no complications. We also provide affordable services to suit a wider budget range. At IVF Spring, you can expect the highest standard of treatment with world class technology and advanced techniques. Our services are preferred by couples from all over the world, owing to our excellent success rates. Surrogacy is a beautiful process that gives couples with even the slimmest fertility, the chance to be parents. Book a preliminary consultation with us, and fulfill your dream of parenthood.